Finally, after a long wait, the official Android 7.0 Nougat update has officially been rolled out for the Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925V yesterday. The update comes through OTA, but if you have not yet to receive the update message on your device, then you can try the alternative method that is using the ODIN app to flash the update. But before proceeding, you need to meet the pre-requirements for this update.
Before performing the firmware update, you should make a full backup of your Verizon S6 Edge as all data will be lost after the update. Next, remember to install the Samsung USB drivers on your PC to connect it properly to your device. You also need to enable the USB Debugging option in Settings on your Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge. Finally, keep at least 50% power backup so that your device will not turn off during the update.
This update is only meant for the Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925V, so you must not use it not any other device. In case any issues happen during the update process, then this will be your responsibility.
Steps to Update
Now let’s follow the steps to flash the Android 7.0 Nougat Firmware on your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925V.
- First of all download the Android Nougat.zip firmware for your device and then download Odin on your PC. Extract both the firmware file and Odin.
- Next, boot your Verizon Galaxy S6 Edge into Odin mode by long-pressing the Volume Down+ Power + Home Buttons at a same time. When a message appears on your screen, press the Volume Up button to put your device into Download mode.
- Plug your S6 Edge to your PC using a USB cable and launch Odin. Once it is connected successfully, Odin will display a message in the bottom-left corner.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” button and select the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted .zip folder. Ensure you uncheck the re-partition box.
- Next check the Auto-reboot option in Odin and click on the “Start” button. The update will now start and it takes around 15-20 minutes. Wait till the update is completed.
Also read: How to update Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus to Android 7.0 Nougat in Europe
Now your Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925V will restart and then you can check the latest firmware version at the About Device section. Feel free to let us know if you face any difficulties in the update process. We shall try to help you out.