The Samsung Galaxy S2 Smartphone can now be updated to the newest and powerful Android 7.0 Nougat. The Custom ROM is introduced by AICP team and absolute credit for this update goes to him. But being this is an unofficial ROM, there is possibility that your Samsung Galaxy S2 might brick or get bugged. Remember, we shall not remain responsible if your Samsung Galaxy S2 gets bricked or cluttered with bug. It is all your responsibility. The new ROM will add many new features to your Samsung Galaxy S2.
Besides, your Samsung Galaxy S2 needs to get rooted and installed with the TWRP/ CWM Recovery before update. You need to create a complete backup for your Samsung Galaxy S2 as the data in your device might vanish during the custom rom update. You must install the Samsung Galaxy S2 drivers on your PC to connect it easily to your Smartphone. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, your need to disable any antivirus link if you are using in your handset.
Maintain at least 70% power back up on your Samsung Galaxy S2 to avoid unexpected shutdown of the device during update. Now let’s take a look on how to update your Galaxy S2 to Android 7.0 Nougat.
Steps to flash Android 7.0 Nougat ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2
- First of all, you need to download the Android 7.0 Nougat AICP ROM & Gapps, then place it on the desktop of your PC. Next, enable the USB Debugging.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy S2 to your PC using USB and then move the Custom ROM file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Galaxy S2, unplug the USB and boot it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Android device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD card.
- Now the installation process will start, wait still the files get flashed on your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu, and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to Update Samsung Galaxy Z2 SM-Z200F to Tizen 188.8.131.52 OS
That’s it. Once the update is finished, your Samsung Galaxy S2 will reboot. The procedure is enough to add the new Custom ROM to your Samsung Galaxy S2. In case of any issue, ping us back in the comment section. We shall try to find out some solution for you.