If you are a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ SM-G928F Smartphone user, then you must have been aware of the Android 7.0 Blueborne security issue that just came to limelight few days ago. The Blueborne vulnerability allowed the hackers to attack your Android device and take it into control using your Bluetooth which did not need your permission to pair. So if you are a user of this device, then you might have also faced the issue. But without further delay, the manufacturer has pushed a new security patch update for this issue which is now Over the Air with the PDA number G928FXXS3CQI4. If you want to prevent your device from hackers and malware attack without any further delay, then this article will guide you through.
But before starting the update, make sure to fill the pre-requirements and go through the complete guide before initiating the process. Remember, this process is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ with model number SM-G928F (International Build) and hence don’t use it in any other device. We at TechGipsy will not take any responsibility, if your device bugs or get bricked because of the update.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ need to be backed up before update, as it might erase all your important data.
- You also need a computer and original USB cable for the update.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy drivers since those will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the USB drivers and install on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ should be enabled at first. To enable, go to Menu > Settings > Developer Option.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 60% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At first download the Android Nougat G928FXXS3CQI4.zip file (Blueborne Security patch) for your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Then download Odin v3.12.3 zip, here.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ into download mode by first switching off the phone and then pressing its ‘Volume Down’, ‘Power’ and ‘Home’ Button at a time. Then, press the ‘Volume Up’ Button after you see a warning message appearing on your screen to put your device into the download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC using the USB cable and launch Odin.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message once the connection of your Galaxy handset to your PC is successful.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Nougat folder. Make sure you have unchecked the re-partition option first.
- Next, select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 10-15 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ reboots.
That’s all! You have now updated your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ to Android Nougat Blueborne Security patch. Now your Smartphone should no more be open to any vulnerability. In case of any issues in the update process, get back to us via the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution for you.