If you are a Samsung Galaxy Express handset user then you will be happy to know that you can now integrate the newest Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS on your device. The Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for the Samsung Galaxy Express is available now, of course not via OTA but through Custom ROM. The Custom ROM has been developed by the XDA Devs and is named as CyanogenMod (CM 13). Though n0t official, but the Custom ROM is safe to use and hence there is nothing to hesitate to try it out.
However, because this is an unofficial Custom ROM update, so you might face certain issues such as NFC that might not work, few apps mightn’t write to the SD card, FM Radio not implemented, offline charging not added, the mic mightn’t work on external apps etc. These are the issues that have been reported by the users who have already installed the CyanogenMod (CM 13) Custom ROM on their Samsung Galaxy Express.
So now it’s time to take a look on the things that that should be done or shouldn’t be done before starting the update. Make sure that you follow the steps exactly as mentioned below to wrap up the update process. But we must inform you here that if your Smartphone faced any issues because of the update, then we shall not remain responsible for the same. So get ready to take the risk yourself if anything inconvenient happens.
Among the important requirements, your Samsung Galaxy Express must be rooted & flashed with the latest Custom Recovery image (CWM or TWRP) before update. You need to create a complete backup for your Samsung Galaxy Express (A Nandroid Backup) since your data might vanish during installation. You must install the Samsung Galaxy Express drivers on your PC to connect it easily to your Smartphone. Forget not to disable any Antivirus program you are running both on your PC and handset. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Maintain at least 75% power back up on your Samsung Galaxy Express to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy Express with Marshmallow Firmware
- First of all download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 Custom ROM & Gapps (search from Google) for your Samsung Galaxy Express.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy Express to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your Smartphone. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another (First the Custom ROM file and then the Gapps file).
- Now Install the files in respective manner & wait still both the files get flashed in your Samsung Galaxy Express Smartphone.
- Once the update is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
That’s all. Your Samsung Galaxy Express will reboot automatically now. Once rebooted without any issues, know that you have successfully flashed the newest Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 Custom ROM on your Smartphone. If faced any issues in the update process, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.