Hello US Cellular Galaxy S5 users! Are you desperately waiting for the Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware to reach your handset? Are you seriously waiting to enjoy the new Marshmallow features on your US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone? Then I don’t think that you are going to get an official update in the near future. Then what to do? No worries. I am back with a good news for you. Wanna know what? A new unofficial Custom ROM namely the Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 is available for your US Cellular Galaxy S5. The firmware has been developed by the CyanogenMod team and is based on the AOSP build. The firmware has been introduced by XDA Developer albinoman887 and hence you must give the absolute credit for this Custom ROM to him.
Then what to wait for? It’s time to flash this new Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM on your US Cellular Galaxy S5 Smartphone. But before that you need to better understand the previous requirements for this update. Below is a list of the requirements for this update.
Among the important requirements, your US Cellular Galaxy S5 must be rooted & installed with the latest Custom Recovery image (CWM or TWRP) before update. You need to create a complete backup for your SMartphone(A Nandroid Backup) since your data might vanish during installation. You must install the US Cellular Galaxy S5 drivers on your PC to connect it easily to your PC. Forget not to disable the Antivirus program you are running both on your PC and handset. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, maintain at least 75% power back up on your Smartphone to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update US Cellular Galaxy S5 with Marshmallow Firmware
- First of all download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 Custom ROM & Gapps (search from Google) for your US Cellular Galaxy S5.
- Then connect your US Cellular Galaxy S5 to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your Smartphone. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another (First the Custom ROM file and then the Gapps file).
- Now Install the files in respective manner & wait still both the files get flashed in your US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S5.
- Once the update is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
That’s all. Your US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S5 will reboot automatically now. So you have successfully flashed the newest 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 Custom ROM on your Smartphone. If faced any issues in the update process then ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.