XDA Developers have launched the CM 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM for the T-Mobile HTC One M8 Smartphone. Because this is a Custom ROM based on the brand new Marshmallow firmware, so it will bless your device with a number of new advanced features and at the same time will help you get enhanced Mobile experience. If you have not already installed the Marshmallow OS on your T-Mobile HTC One M8 still now or is a fan of new Custom ROMs, then you can move a step ahead flashing this new Custom ROM on your T-Mobile HTC One M8 handset.
The CM 13 Custom ROM is based on the Android 6.0 Marshmallow Nightlies builds and is supposed to bring a number of changes in the performance of your T-Mobile HTC One M8 handset. But before you initiate the Custom ROM update, make sure to follow the guidelines mentioned below. These pre-requirements are much required for an error free and successful firmware implementation. But before starting the update remember that we at TechGipsy will not stand responsible if anything inconvenient happens to your Smartphone because of the update.
Among the pre-requirements, your handset needs to get rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery image before update. Also you should create a complete backup for your handset (A Nandroid Backup) since your Mobile data might vanish during installation. You must install the T-Mobile HTC One M8 drivers on your handset to make it connect easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, your handset and PC needs to get disabled from any antivirus link if you are using.
Maintain at least 75% power back up on your T-Mobile HTC One M8 Smartphone to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM on T-Mobile HTC One M8
- First of all download the CM 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) file for your T-Mobile HTC One M8.
- Then connect your T-Mobile HTC One M8 to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now Install the files one after another & wait still both the files get flashed in your T-Mobile HTC One M8 handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
That’s all! Now you have finally installed the CM 13 Android 6.0 Marshmallow Custom ROM on your T-Mobile HTC One M8 Smartphone. In case you face any issues in the update process, ping me in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.