In my previous article, I informed you How to Flash Android 5.1 Lollipop OmniROM (unofficial) on Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 & now I shall guide you through the steps to update your Galaxy SM-N915K Smartphone to the newly introduced Android 5.0.1 Lollipop KTU1BOC2 official Firmware.
A new official firmware from the Samsung box has been released in Korea (KT Corporation) for the Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915K users. The firmware is also available for other countries which link I can provide only after you ping me the name of your country. So ping me back in the comment section. Since this firmware is launched in Korea right now, the Korea Galaxy Note Edge users, get ready to manipulate superiority in your device. In this article, I shall lead you through the steps using which you can flash the new firmware in your Smartphone in a few minutes only. The new firmware is dubbed as KTU1BOC2 and carries the product code KTC.
Being this an OTA update, users are primarily recommended to update their Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915K via OTA method. But if you can’t wait for OTA, then you can update your devices manually with this latest firmware. But before that stand to the below mentioned conditions because these are of utmost priority for the manual update. Proceeding towards the update devoid of filling the pre-requirements might create bugs in your device or might brick it permanently.
Double check the Name and model of your Android device before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915K and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Ensure that TechGipsy at any cost will not remain responsible for any sort of damage, brick or bug that your device might experience during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915K should be provided with good back-up before the update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915K drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.0.1 KTU1BOC2.zip file for your Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915K handset and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915K Smartphone into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915K into download mode.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915K to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 5.0.1 KTU1BOC2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915K Smartphone restarts.
Did your device get restarted? Congratulation then!! Your effort has stood successful. Now you can enjoy the new firmware features in your feature-renovated Smartphone. Forget not to share your new experience with us. In case of any issues, you can get back to me via comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. Happy browsing!!