Samsung has started updating the Galaxy E5 SM-E500F Smartphone to a latest 4.4.4 KitKat stock firmware. Hence the Galaxy E5 SM-E500F users will be happy to know that all their issues and problems are gonna get solved. The firmware is dubbed the Android 4.4.4 XXU1AOB2 for the Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500F users. While the device runs on the default Android 4.4.4 KitKat OS, now it can be further upgraded to the enhanced version. The new firmware packs a number of features that can drag your device into superiority, both in terms of features and specification. Better you can experience the features once you have upgraded your device to the next segment.
The exact release location of the said firmware for this time is Israel. Update method should primarily be OTA. Post receiving the OTA update, you can download and flash it on your Smartphone by following the instructions that appear on your screen. Remember, the firmware mentioned in this article is only for the said region and carrier. In case you want to know the download link of this firmware in your region, then ping me the name of your country in the comment section. However, you can also update your device to the new firmware by means of the below mentioned manual update method. To start updating your Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500F, go through the below mentioned steps properly and follow those accordingly.
Make sure to check your device name and model properly before initiating the update, since the update is exclusively meant for the Galaxy E5 SM-E500F handset and implementing the same in other devices might brick your device or create bugs in it.
Pr-requisites for the Update
- All important data and files of your Galaxy E5 SM-E500F should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy E5 SM-E500F drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Disable or uninstall all antivirus program running on both your PC and Galalxy E5 device before starting the update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Galaxy E5 SM-E500F
- Firstly download Android 4.4.4 XXU1AOB2.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500F Smartphone and extract it to the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung E5 SM-E500F into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button & Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to proceed to the next step.
- Then connect the Galaxy E5 SM-E500F to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin & choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 4.4.4 XXU1AOB2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100 restarts.
That’s it!! You have now successfully updates your Samsung Galaxy E5 SM-E500F to the latest Android 4.4.4 XXU1AOB2 firmware. Go ahead and experience the improvised KitKat goodies in your Galaxy E5 SM-E500F device. In case you face any problems contact me via the comment section. I shall revert with some solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.