Thousands of people have complained that they saw the error 54 in Tunes when syncing their iPhone/iPad. Moreover, if this error happens, it will stop the procedure and interrupt the restore process when restoring your iPhone with iTunes. There are a lot of iTunes errors, but the error 54 is one of the most common erros. So in this post, we’ll show you solutions for it.
Methods to Fix iTunes Error 54
Now if you are ready to get rid of this error message, try one of the methods mentioned below.
Method 1: Update iTunes
If you are running on an older iTunes version, you might see the error 54. To solve it, try updating your iTunes. If the iTunes software on your computer is the latest version, try logging out the account, and signing it back in to hopefully solve the problem.
- Visit official iTunes website to download the latest version of iTunes package from
- You can also launch the automatic update feature in iTunes, so that it can find the update.
- After updating the iTunes, reboot your computer and then try it again. If the iTunes error 54 still exists, you should try other methods.
Also read: How To Get Microsoft Office On iPad
Method 2: Update the drivers
The second method you can try is updating the driver software. This is a constructive solution, and a lot of users found it work.
- First of all, open Device Manager on your computer located in Control Panel.
- Here you’ll see different options, including the devices with their driver software. Find Portable Devices and then right click on your Apple iPhone under it.
- After clicking on this option, choose the update driver software option and click Browse My Computer.
- Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers and select OK.
Now when you plug your iPhone/iPad into the computer, the system will install the driver software of your device. You can start the syncing process and we’ll surely it works this time.