Moto G5 is the great addition for the Moto G lineup as its price is now only under $200. This mid-budget phone comes with excellent features that can meet all kind of tasks hassle-free. So, many users have already chosen this phone and they are pleased with its performance. But as a mid-range smartphone, there are some glitches with it. Here are the most common issues on Moto G5 as well as their fixes to help you get rid of them.
The Wi-Fi issues are one of the very common that, not only Moto G5 users, but many other users also have faced so far. However, it can be resolved easily by doing the following the steps below:
- First, restart your Moto G5.
- Turn off the Wi-Fi by going to Settings>Wi-Fi and enable it back on and check if it has any difference.
- Reset the network settings by navigating to Settings >Back up & Reset > Reset network settings and choose Reset.
- Forget and then log in back the Wi-Fi network that you are facing the issue. To do so, head to Settings>Wi-Fi, tap on the problem network and choose ‘forget’. After that, access to it again by entering the Wi-Fi password.
- Disable the Wi-Fi scanning from Settings> Location>Options.
- Check if there is an update available to fix the issue
Freezing And Lag Issue
Is your Moto G5 not working properly or often getting frozen? You should follow all the tips to get rid of the overheating issue on your device.
- First, restart your device first and then move to next methods.
- Some culprit app can cause this freezing issue. That time, you should boot your phone into safe mode by long pressing the Power button until the Power off option is available. Next, long press the power off option again to go into the ‘reboot to safe mode’ option. Here, just tap ‘OK’ and your Moto G5 will enter safe mode. If it acts normally in this mode that means an app is causing this issue. So, find out it and uninstall from your device.
- In case the lag issue comes with a specific app, then you need to clear cache of that app.
- Uninstall all unnecessary files and apps.
- Perform a factory reset.
The heating issues are among common issues about which many Android users have complained, not only Moto G5 users. Here are tips to avoid overheating issue you should try.
- Make sure you restart your device at least twice or more per week. If you use your phone at a stretch for 150-200 hours, it can generate overheating issue.
- Install the latest software build if it’s available.
- Do not use your phone while charging it.
- Remove the case if you are using any as some cases as it make the device heated.
- Let your phone cool down after playing games.
- Turn off all the unnecessary apps running in background, reduce the screen brightness, or turn off Bluetooth when they are not in use.
Camera Tint, Video Recording Issues
Another problem that many of Moto G5 users have reported that is the video quality is bad when they record 4K videos and it also comes with an unusual noise in the background. Besides, there is a pink tint alongside the edges of the viewfinder as well. So here are the suggestions to fix this issue.
- First of all, ensure you update your device to the latest available software as an update can fix this camera and video recording error.
- Next, reset the camera settings.
- Boot your Moto G5 into the safe mode.
- Perform a factory reset if everything else cannot fix the issue.
Also see: How To Flash Android 8.0 Custom ROM on Moto Z Play
Corrupted SD Card
Some Moto G5 users have reported that after they have turned off their phone, the corrupted SD card issue appears. If the issue does not happen to you, then you should not turn off the device until any software update is available. Or you can remove the SD card and then turn off your phone to avoid this issue of corrupted SD card.
The only solution is formatting the SD card. It can be done by going to Settings>Storage>SD card>Options>Storage Settings>Format as internal and then choose Erase and format.
These are the most common issues on Moto G5 as well as their fixes. All the issues are not serious and are not related to the hardware. They can be easily resolved by following the mentioned methods above. If you face other issues on your Moto G5 phone, let’s know in the comment below.