Cache is a little space on the computer hard disk and RAM memory, which is utilized to save the recently accessed data such as web page, texts, etc. The cache will save the copies of recently visited websites so that your computer will present that saved data if you visit the same page next time. It will help you save a great time while you can still experience a faster browsing.
However, too much cache can eat up a great amount of space on your hard drive and slow down your computer. So, you’d better get rid of the outdated cache data to regain a valuable amount of space. So, in this post, we’ll instruct you how to clear computer cache on your Windows 10 computer.
Clear Computer Cache On Windows 10
If your computer is running on Windows 10 version, this process is now for you. There are various types of cache such as browser cache, temporary files etc. So, we’ll show you to get rid of them.
Delete Temporary Cache Files
- First, click on the windows icon and then click Run
- It will open the command box and type %temp% then hit Enter.
- It will now show up all files. Simply delete all of them.
- Re-open the command box and enter temp and delete all the available files.
- Now, continue to enter the word ‘Prefetch’ and hit Enter.
- Next, delete the available files.
Disk Clean Up
- To open disk clean up, you first type cleanmgr in the Cortana’s search box and then choose Disk clean up option from the results.
- Disk cleanup supports all the drives, so choose the one you want to scan files and clean up.
- You will now be prompted numerous options. Just check all the required box and click ‘Clean up system files’.
Windows will now calculate the amount of storage to clean up. You simply click OK to start the process.
Delete DNS Cache
Deleting DNS cache is also necessary in case you have issues with the browser. The process is mentioned below.
- Type in cmd in the Cortana to open the Command prompt.
- Now, enter ‘ipconfig/flushDNS’ in cmd.
- The DNS cache will be deleted.
Delete Windows Store Cache
Windows Store also saves a huge amount of cache that can contribute to the performance issue. So, you’d better delete the store cache frequently.
- Open the command box using the Windows icon and click Run.
- Here enter exe.
- It will now delete the Windows Store cache.
Also see: How To Fix Windows Hello Issues In Windows 10
Clear Browser Cache
Clearing browsing cache is different in every browser, but we only discuss here three most popular browsers, including Microsoft Edge, Chrome, and Firefox.
- Open the browser and click on the three dots icon in the top right corner.
- Click on Settings and then select ‘Choose what to clear’.
- Next, select all the stuff and click on ‘Clear’.
- Launch the browser and click on the three lines in the top right corner.
- Next, choose Settings>Show advanced settings>Privacy section and clear the browsing data.
- Now tick on the ‘empty the cache’ checkbox > ‘clear browsing data’.
- Launch the browser and click Firefox button. Scroll to the history and select ‘Clear recent history’.
- Choose Cache
- Next, set the range to ‘everything’ and click on the ‘clear now’
Here is the entire process of clearing computer cache Windows 10. If you feel the post useful, let’s know in the comment.