Samsung of late launched the official stock firmware build G900HXXU1ANG3 for the Samasung Galaxy S5 Exynos (SM-G900H) Smartphone and is available in a number of countries like India, Indonesia, Cambodia ,Vietnam & Kazakhstan. The same firmware update had gone on live in Europe earlier this week to augment the performance of the Snapdragon variant of the Galaxy S5. Since its an OTA update, users in the said countries will be able to get it via Air. But it also can be installed in your device via the manual update method which is quite easy to follow and simple to implement. But for that you must have adequate knowledge about the update method. But if you are a newbie, then also you can work out. But before that you must ensure that you have read and understand the below given guide properly. Then only proceed towards the update.
The update is codenamed as G900HXXU1ANG3 and is around 200 MB in size. So you are recommended to use WiFi while downloading the update. Else it will use much of your mobile data. If you are a user who want to update it via the OTA method then you have to search for the update from Settings » About phone » Software updates menu. Then you can install the update by clicking on it and by following the instructions that appear on your screen. But if you are a user who want to follow the manual update method, then this step-by-step guide is just for you. Just follow the steps given in this article and you will easily update your device with the latest firmware.But before that you need to take care of certain requirements, so that your update will not be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy S5 Exynos (SM-G900H) and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy S5 Exynos should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S5 Exynos drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANG3.zip file for your Galaxy S5 Exynos (SM-G900H) Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy S5 Exynos into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy S5 Exynos into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy S5 Exynos to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted KitKat 4.4.2 XXU1ANG3 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy S5 Exynos Smartphone restarts.
That’s it! Now you are have successfully updated your Galaxy S5 Exynos (SM-G900H) Smartphone with the Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANG3 firmware. Go ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy S5 Exynos device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.
this step-by-step guide for you. Just follow the steps given in this article and you will easily update your device with the latest firmware. – See more at: http://techgipsy.com/android-kitkat-4-4-2-ubucnf1-firmware-update-for-galaxy-note-10-1-wi-fi-sm-p600-2014-edition/#sthash.RjqqtWrk.dpuf