Are you fade up with the stock Android OS of your Galaxy S4 I9505 device? Do you want to get bit refreshed with brand new features and specs? Then I do have a recommendation for you. One brand new Custom ROM namely Resurrection Remix which is based on CyanogenMod with the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop OS is now available for you. This update has been brought to you by the XDA Development forum. Being this an unofficial update, you have to follow the manual flashing method and hence you must take care of certain requirements which are dubbed essential for pre-preparation of the update. You will find a list of the pre-requirements below.
But before know that it’s not being the official firmware and hence will void the warranty of your handset and you can’t retrieve it back. Similarly you have to root and the install the latest CWM Recovery on your Galaxy S4 Smartphone before starting the update. Undoubtedly the new firmware will bring considerable changes in your handset and will make it more noteworthy for use. But at the same time you might face certain issues in your device during the update. So never blame us for any bugs, issues or brick of your device. It’s all your responsibility.
Remember, this update is exclusively meant for the Samsung Galaxy S4. If you use this instillation file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Apart, enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your Galaxy S4. Also install the Galaxy S4 drivers on your handset which will help you connect your Smartphone successfully to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up on your Android device to avoid unexpected shut down during the update.
NB: Most important is to create a full back of your Galaxy S4 Smartphone so that you will not permanently loose the pictures, videos, songs and all other important data on your device. It’s mandatory since during installation of the update, you will loose all data in your device.
Steps to flash Resurrection Remix Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S4
- First of all download the CyanogenMod Resurrection Remix Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) for your Samsung Galaxy S4.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II.
- Now click Install and wait still the files get flashed in your Galaxy S4 one after another.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats! You have successfully updated your Smartphone with the brand new Android 5.1.1 Resurrection Remix Custom ROM firmware. Updating your Smartphone following the procedure is quite easy and hence mustn’t create any issues for you. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.