All the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active GT-I9295 users would for sure get excited to know that Samsung has launched one brand new firmware for them in Austria (3 Hutchison) & Germany to further update their handset. The update is dubbed as XXUDOB4 and is recommended for the Galaxy S4 Active users only. The firmware aims at enhancing the flexibility of their handset and fixing the existing bugs in the current firmware build. The update is available in both OTA and manual update methods. Users residing in the said regions are recommended to update their Smartphones via OTA update method as soon the update will hit their devices. But If they are not interested to wait till the firmware hits their handset, they can flash this new firmware via manual update method.
But before that they need to read and understand the total procedure since it’s essential to understand the requirements needed for the update. Here is a list of requirements. Just have a look on those and do as directed. Also make sure that we at TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of issues created in your device during the update, since it’s your decision to update your device. Also properly check the name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the procedure as the guide has exclusively been prepared for the said device.
Pr-requisites for the Update
- All important data and files of your Galaxy S4 Active should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S4 Active drivers since that will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Galaxy S4 Active
- Firstly download the Android 5.0.1 XXUDOB4.zip file (Austria & Germany) for your Galaxy S4 Active and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Smartphone into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy S4 Active to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 5.0.1 XXUDOB4 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active GT-I9295 restarts.
Congratulations!! You are now done with the updating of your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active GT-I9295 Smartphone to the latest Android 5.0.1 XXUDOB4 firmware. Go ahead and experience the enhanced android fun in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.