In few of my previous articles, I had informed you about the latest Android KitKat 4.4 official firmware being rolled in different countries with different build names for update. Today, I came to know that Samsung has already started rolling the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware in Italy with the build name XCUANJ6. Before also it had rolled in Italy,but with the build name XXUANI1. But this is the latest update and hence is assumed to fix the bugs in the last update if there was any.
Anyways, the firmware is being rolled in Italy in installments and hence post getting the firmware you can instantly download and install it on your Smartphone device. Once installed the firmware will revoke your device into stock recovery and hence you might need to root your device again, if you had already rooted in on the previous firmware. Also you will loose access to all the Custom ROMs since those also will be revoked. Post getting the OTA notification, you are primarily recommended to download it using WiFi. If no WiFi, available then you have to make use of your mobile data.
But if you don;t come in the category of fortunate users who have received OTA, then this article is exclusively for you since following this you can flash the firmware manually in your Galaxy S3 Neo + handset. But before that read and understand the requirements mentioned below.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy S3 Neo+ GT-I9301I and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device ravish. Make sure that TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
Pr-requisites Galaxy S3 Neo+
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Smartphone should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S3 Neo+ GT-I9301I drivers since the drivers will help you connect your tablet to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those on your PC.
- The USB debugging option of your Smartphone should be enabled before the update. To enable the same visit Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 85% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Galaxy S3 Neo+
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 XCUANJ6.zip file for your Galaxy S3 Neo+ GT-I9301I device and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your S3 Neo+ into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy S3 Neo+ into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.4.2 XCUANJ6 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy S3 Neo+ restarts.
That’s all! Finally you have stood successful in installing the latest android 4.4.2 XCUANJ6 firmware in you Galaxy S3 Neo+ GT-I9301I Smartphone. Move ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy Smartphone. If face any problems, don’t forget to put your queries via the comment section. I shall for sure come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.