The users of Samsung Galaxy Pocket 2 SM-G110H, who reside in South East Europe can flash their Smartphones with the recently rolled Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANJ3 KitKat Firmware. The firmware is supposed to make few changes to your device and endow your Smartphone with few new features. This way the new firmware will enhance the multiplicity of your device. But what changes the new firmware makes to your ddroidevice can only be personally felt post update of your device. However, this is an OTA update and hence users are primarily recommended to follow the OTA or Kies update method. But if they are not interested to wait still the update reaches their handset, they can update it manually by following the below given steps. But I must tell you here that the new firmware will restore your device to the stock firmware mode and will void your root access, if it’s already rooted. Now let’s have a look on the essential requirements for the manual update. Make sure to meet the requirements as without that your update might prove failure.
Here is a list of the requirements. Just have a look on those and do as directed. Also make sure that we at TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of issues created in your device during the update, since it’s your decision to update your device. Also properly check the name and model of your Galaxy Smartphone before initiating the procedure as the guide has exclusively been made for the said device.
Pr-requisites for the Update
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Pocket 2 SM-G110H should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Pocket 2 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Option. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Galaxy Pocket 2 Smartphone
- Firstly download the Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANJ3.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy Pocket 2 and extract it to the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy Pocket 2 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your Galaxy Smartphone into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy Pocket 2 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 4.4.2 XXU0ANJ3 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy Pocket 2 restarts.
Congratulations!! You are now done with the updating your Samsung Galaxy Pocket 2 SM-G110H to the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU0ANJ3 firmware. Go ahead and experience the enhanced KitKat goodies in your Galaxy Pocket 2. The firmware is also available for other regions. If you wanna get the firmware for your region, then ping me back here. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.