Great news Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 users! Your Tab can now can be flashed to the newest Android Lollipop AOSP 5.1.0 (P4) ROM. Kudos to XDA Developer decatf who has brought this excellent opportunity for you. There is nothing much to worry to install the ROM on your device. What you have to do is to follow the steps given below and you will be all done in moments.
The new ROM is supposed to add superior stuff to the changelog of your handset to improvise your user experience, but nothing can be told in particular. You can experience the whole lot yourself once the flashing is finished. Since the ROM is still in beta stage, so it might create certain bugs in your handset. Make sure that we don’t take any responsibility for that. Flashing of the file is all your responsibility. Now let’s take a look on the requirements essential for this update.
First of all create a Nandroid back up for your Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500 before starting the update. Then enable the USB Debugging option in your handset. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your handset. Also install the GT-P7500 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid inconvenience during the update. Your GT-P7500 handset needs to get rooted and flashed with the latest CWM Recovery before the update since the ROM will seek access to built-in features and programs and being the file in .zip format will require a Recovery Image to get installed. You can do this after unlcoking the handset.
Steps to flash Lollipop AOSP 5.1.0 (P4) ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500
- First of all download the Lollipop AOSP 5.1.0 (P4) ROM & Gapps for your Galaxy Tab 10.1.
- Then connect your handset to your PC via USB & move the files to the SD card of your device. After unplug the USB, switch off your Smartphone and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install zip from SD card” and choose the ROM file from your SD card which you had moved to your SD Card in step II.
- Now click update and follow the instructions that appear on your screen. It will take sometime to flash the Custom ROM in your Smartphone.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset. Have patience still the flashing is finished.
- Once the flashing is finished, return to the Main Menu in Recovery mode and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all! Now you have successfully flashed the Android Lollipop AOSP 5.1.0 (P4) ROM on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 GT-P7500. This update is simple to follow and easy to impliment. So you shouldn’t face any issue. Still face any issues, inform me in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution to your issue.