Great news Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 users! Your Smartphone now can be flashed to the latest unofficial Android 5.1 Lollipop OmniROM. Kudos to XDA Dev team member humberos who has brought this excellent opportunity for you. There is nothing much to get worried to install the Custom ROM to your device. You have to just follow the steps mentioned below and you will be all done in moments.
The new Custom ROM is supposed to add improvised stuffs to the changelog to enhance your user experience, but nothing can be told in particular. You can experience the whole lot once the flashing is finished. Since the Custom ROM is still in developing stage, so it might create certain bugs in your Smartphone. Make sure, we won’t remain responsible for that. The flashing is all your responsibility. Now let’s take a look on the prior recquirements essential for this update.
First of all create a Nandroid back up for your Galaxy S GT-I9000 and then enable the USB Debugging option in your handset. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your handset. Also install the GT-I9000 drivers on your PC to easily connect it easily to your Smartphone. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid inconvenience during the update. Your Galaxy S handset needs to be rooted and flashed with the latest CWM Recovery before the update since the ROM will seek access to built-in features and programs and being the file in .zip format will require Recovery Image to get installed. You can do this after unlcoking your handset.
Steps to flash Android 5.1 Lollipop OmniROM (unofficial) to Galaxy S GT-I9000
- First of all download the Android 5.1 Lollipop OmniROM (Unofficial) & Gapps for your Galaxy S Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB & move the files to the SD card of your device. After unplug the USB, switch off your Smartphone and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install zip from SD card” and choose the Custom ROM file from your SD card which you had moved to your SD Card in step II.
- Now click update and follow the instructions that appear on your screen. It will take sometime to flash the Custom ROM in your Smartphone.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, return to the Main Menu in Recovery mode and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it! Now you have flashed the Android 5.1 Lollipop OmniROM (unofficial) Custom ROM to your Samsung Galaxy S GT-I9000 successfully. This update is simple to follow and easy to implement. So you mustn’t face any issue. Still face any issues, informm me in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution to your issue.