Your Motorola Moto G5S Plus XT1803 can now install the new Android 8.0 Oreo Validus Beta v16.0 ROM. The Custom ROM is based on the 3.18.x GZOSP built and brings for you the superior Android Oreo experience by adding new customizable Android Nougat features on your device.
But how to flash this new Custom ROM on your Motorola Moto G5S Plus XT1803 Smartphone? Don’t’ worry as we have a step-by-step guide to instruct you to install the update. Of course, it’s little hard for the newbies. But that doesn’t mean the new Oreo Custom ROM is not for you. Before starting the Custom ROM update, you must have detailed knowledge of the update process as assigned below.
First, you need to root your Motorola Moto G5S Plus Smartphone and install a Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) on your device. Also you need to create a full backup of your important data on your Smartphone before the update. Don’t’ forget to install the Motorola Moto G5S Plus drivers on your PC to connect it to your device. Maintain at least 70% power left in your Motorola device to avoid unwanted shutdown during the update. If not, your device may get bricked.
The latest Oreo Validus Beta v16.0 ROM is meant only for the Motorola Moto G5S Plus Smartphone and hence you should not use it in any other device. It’s all your responsibility to opt for the update as we will not be responsible if any issue or bugs created on your device during the update.
Flash Android 8.0 Oreo Validus Beta v16.0 ROM on Motorola Moto G5S Plus
- First of all download the Android 8.0 Oreo Validus Beta v16.0 ROM file for your Motorola Moto G5S Plus and then the Gapps file.
- After that, plug your Smartphone to your PC using USB & transfer both the downloaded files to the internal storage/sd card of your device.
- Next, turn off your Motorola Moto G5S Plus, unplug the USB cable, and boot it into Recovery mode.
- Here, clear data & cache from your device by selecting “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and then using the “Wipe Cache Partition” option.
- Now install the downloaded files on your Motorola Moto G5S Plus device. To start installation, tap on “install zip from SD card” and select the Android Oreo Custom ROM file that you just moved in.
- Swipe to start the installation process and wait still it finishes.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps file on your Motorola Moto G5S Plus.
- Once done, return to the Recovery mode menu, and select “reboot system now.”
That’s all. Did you face any issues in the update process? If not, then your Motorola Moto G5S Plus will boot up right away. You then can browse through your handset to experience the Android 8.0 OS. In case of any issues, feel free to let us know using the comment section. We shall try to find out a solution to your issues.