Do you have Google Pixel and Pixels XL Smartphones? And if you’re any bit of an audiophile, and you you’re looking to further enrich the experience on your handset, a new Android 7.1 Nougat WETA Custom ROM is ready to meet your demands. But how to flash this new Custom ROM on your handset? Very simple, just follow the below given few steps and you will be able to do it yourself with the update just in a few minutes.
First, your Google Pixel and Pixels XL needs to get rooted and installed the latest Custom Recovery image before update. Besides, you need to create a complete backup for your handset, as your data might get lost during the update. You must install the ADB drivers on your PC to connect it easily to your Google Pixel and Pixels XL. You need to enable the USB debugging option before update and after disable it. Apart, you also need to disable any antivirus link if you are using in your device and PC. Maintain at least 70% battery left to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update
- First, download the Android 7.1 Nougat WETA ROM for your Google Pixel and Pixels XL
- Download Pixel WETA ROM
- Download Pixel XL WETA ROM
- Then connect your device to your PC via USB and then transfer the Custom ROM file into the SD card/ internal storage of your device.
- After that, power off your device, unplug the USB cable and boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding both the Power + Volume downbutton for a few seconds. Then press Volume down button twice to highlight Recovery mode on screen and press the Power button to boot into the Recovery Mode
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your handset.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and flash the Android 7.1 Nougat WETA ROM ZIP from your device.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also read: How to install Android 7.1 Nougat Custom CM14.1 Rom for Oppo R5/R5s
That’s all you need to do. Wait for the device to reboot. Great!! Now you can taste the Android 7.1 Nougat WETA ROM with new features like Sony Xperia™ Z5 Premium audio system or Dolby Atmos™ on your Google Pixel and Pixels XL. In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.