Great news for all Samsung Galaxy SIII users. You can now update your device to the latest Android 7.1 Nougat version with the CM 14.1 Rom from Cynogenmods team. This Rom is based on the latest CM14.1 build of Android 7.1 Nougat build & includes many new features to your device. Here is how to update your Galaxy SIII (i9300) with the Android Nougat CM14.1 ROM.
As this is still an unofficial Custom ROM, so your device might probably have issues which you have never seen before. Now you need to materialize the task just by following the below given steps. But before that definitely meet the pre-requirements, we will not take responsible, so only proceed for the update if you dare to take the risk yourself.
First, your device needs to be rooted as well as installed the latest TWRP/CWM Recovery before update. Besides, you need to create a full backup for your device as your device data can get lost during the update. You should also enable the USB debugging option on your Android device before update. Maintain at least 75% battery left to keep out of unexpected shutdown during the Custom ROM update. Now let’s take a look on how to update Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM on Samsung Galaxy SIII (i9300).
Steps to install Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 Rom on Galaxy SIII (i9300)
- First, download the Android 7.1 Nougat CM14.1 ROM & Gapps for your Galaxy SIII
- Connect your device to your PC via USB and transfer the ROM file and the Gapps file into the SD card/ internal storage of your device.
- After that, switch off your device, unplug the USB cable and boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding altogether the Power+ Home+ Volume Up button for a few seconds. Then press the Volume Down button to enter the custom recovery
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Galaxy SIII.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and flash the CM14.1 ROM ZIP from your device.
- Reboot into recovery and flash the CM14.1 Nougat Google Apps package
- Once finished, go back to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to Update Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM
That’s all you need to do. Wait for the device to reboot. Now you can taste the Android 7.1 Nougat features on your Samsung Galaxy SIII (i9300). In case of any issues, inform us in the comment section, we shall find out some solution for you.