Do you have a Sony Xperia Z1 smartphone? Do you want to flash the new Android 7.0 Nougat OS on your Smartphone? Then a new Custom ROM i.e. Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP is readily available to meet your Nougat crave. But wonder how to flash this new Custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Z1? Very simple, just follow the below given few steps and you will be done with the update just in a few minutes.
You can test this new Nougat Custom ROM features on your Sony Xperia Z1 instantly. But there is possibility that your Smartphone might face few issues or bugs due to this update, being this an unofficial Custom ROM. Remember, we’ll not take responsible if anything such happens. It’s all your responsibility.
Besides, your Sony Xperia Z1 Smartphone needs to get rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery image before update. Apart, you need to create a complete backup for your Sony Xperia Z1 as your data might vanish during the update. You must install the Sony Xperia Z1 drivers on your PC to connect it easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option on your device before update and after disable it. Among other important needs, you must disable any antivirus link if you are using in your device and PC. Maintain at least 60% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP Rom on Sony Xperia Z1
- First of all download the Android 7.0 Nougat ROM & Gapps for your Sony Xperia Z1.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and clear cache from your Sony Xperia Z1 device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card.
- Now install the files one after another on your device and wait still the firmwares are flashed on your Sony Xperia Z1.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the recovery menu in your device, and select “reboot system now”.
Also see: How to Update Asus Zenfone 5 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM
That’s all you need to do. Wait for the device to reboot. Great!! Now you can test the new Nougat features on your Sony Xperia Z1 Smartphone. In case of any issues, inform us using the comment section, we shall find out a solution for you.