Do you have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE SM-T705? Do you want to experience the new Android 7.0 Nougat features on your Smartphone? Then a new Custom ROM i.e. Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP is ready to meet your Android Nougat requirements. But wonder how to flash this new Custom ROM on your device! Very simple. Just follow the below given few steps and you will be done with the update just in few minutes.
Post update, you can test this new Android 7.0 Nougat Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE instantly. All credit for this Custom ROM update goes to Schischu, the Senior XDA forum member who introduced this new Custom ROM. But there is possibility that your device might face few issues or bugs due to this update, being this an unofficial Custom ROM. Remember, we shall not remain responsible if anything such happens to your device in course of the Custom ROM update. It’s all your responsibility.
Besides, your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE SM-T705 needs to get rooted and installed with the latest TWRP Recovery before update. Apart, you need to create a complete backup for your Galaxy Tab since your Tab data might vanish during the update. You must install the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE drivers on your device to make it connect easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option on your Android device before update and after disable it. Among other important needs, you need to disable any antivirus link if you are using in your device and PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown during the Custom ROM update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
NB: Your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE SM-T705 needs to get rooted and installed with latest Recovery Image before initiating this process.
Steps to flash Android 7.0 Nougat on Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE
- First of all download the Android 7.0 Nougat AOSP ROM & Gapps (search from Google) for your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE SM-T705.
- Then connect your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM file and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now Install the files one after another in your Android device and wait still the firmwares are flashed on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu in your device and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all you need to do. Wait still the update finishes. Great!! Now you can test the Android 7.0 Nougat features on your Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 LTE. In case of any issues, inform me using the comment section. I shall find out some solution for you.