The Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G9F00 Smartphone is ready to get updated with the newest Android 5.1 Lollipop Unofficial CM12.1 (klte) Custom ROM which intends running the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop features on your Galaxy S5 LTE handset. So if you have not already installed the Custom ROM in your Smartphone & search of a HOW TO source, then you are in the right place. Below given are the steps which will lead you towards your destination.
It’s crystal clear that this update is specifically meant for the Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G9F00 Smartphone and hence must not be used in any other device. If you use this Custom ROM in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked, bugged or permanently corrupted. We won’t remain responsible for any such inconvenience created to your Smartphone due to the update. Sole credit for this update goes to Sr. XDA Developer vinman 12.
Besides, you have to take care of certain steps before initiating the update. First of all, enable the USB Debugging option in your handset and you can do that by visiting the Settings>AboutUS section in your Galaxy S5 LTE Smartphone. Also install the Galaxy S5 LTE drivers on your handset that will help you to connect your handset successfully to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. The most important thing is to create a complete Nandroid backup for your Smartphone to keep your data safe. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
NB: Before starting the update, you need to root your Smartphone and install the latest CWM Recovery in it. It’s a must for successful installation of the Custom ROM on your Smartphone.
Steps to flash Android 5.1 Lollipop Custom ROM on your Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G9F00
- First of all download the Android Lollipop Unofficial CM12.1 (klte) Custom ROM & the latest Gapps app for your Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE handset.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD card in step II.
- Now click Install and wait still the file gets flashed in your Galaxy S5 LTE Smartphone. Follow the same procedure to install the Gapps file to your device.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
- The rebooting takes few minutes before it will collect and wrap all files.
Congrats! You have successfully updated your Smartphone with the brand new Android 5.1 Lollipop Unofficial CM12.1 (klte) Custom ROM. Updating your Smartphone following the said procedure is quite easy and you shouldn’t face any issue. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.