Now it’s the turn of the Sony Smartphone device users next to the Nexus, LG & Samsung handset users. Now they can flash the brand new Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware to their handset. Reportedly, the Xperia Z Smartphone from Sony can now be updated to the Android 5.1 Lollipop firmware. The Android 5.0 Lollipop OmniROM Custom ROM is now available for the Xperia Z Smartphone and you can finish the task within few minutes after following the below given flashing guidelines. But before that you need to root and install the latest CWM Recovery in their handset since it’s the initial priority. Among other requirements, they need to create a full Nandroid backup for their Sony Xperia Smartphone since the installation is supposed to wipe out all data from their handset. Also there are some other requirements. Take a look at those below.
Remember, this update is exclusively purposed for the Sony Xperia Z Smartphone. If you use this instillation file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Also enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update. To do that visit the Settings>About US section in your Sony Xperia Z Smartphone. Also install the Sony Xperia Z drivers on your handset which will help you to connect your Smartphone successfully to your PC. Also maintain at least 75% power back up to make the update process smooth and tense freee. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash OmniROM Custom ROM on Sony Xperia Z
- First of all download the OmniROM Custom ROM (http://goo.gl/GVCHMp) & the required Gapps (http://goo.gl/iyUXtB) file for your Sony Xperia Z device.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and after move the Custom ROM to the INTERNAL MEMORY of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the .zip file from your SD card which you had moved to your Smartphone in step II.
- Now click Install and it will take a few minutes to flash the firmware to your Sony Xperia Z Smartphone. Wait still both the files get properly flashed in your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Now your Smartphone will restart with the brand new Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM. You shouldn’t face any issues in the update process. Still you face, hesitate not to let me know via the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you. Also you can follow solution to your issue in the XDA Developer forum here.