Another discovery by the XDA Devs. The Sony Xperia ZL C6506 Smartphone can now test the Android 5.0 Lollipop custom ROM and all credit for this goes to the reputed XDA contributor SuperHanss who has brought this great news for the Xperia ZL users. The file has been named as Android 5.1 Lollipop AOSPA-L (Odin) Custom ROM and is right now ready for the users to start flashing. But how to flash this firmware? Very simple. You will be guided here through the steps. Read those properely before initiating the process.
In my prpevious article on Custom ROM, I had told you how to flash the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Oct-L (Obake) Custom ROM on Motorola Droid Maxx XT1008M. Before starting the update process, you must create a complete nanandroid backup for your Smartphone. Your Smartphone must be rooted and should be installed with the latest Recovery image. Among other important recquirements, you must disable all Antivirus programs on your device and PC for this update, else this might create hindrance on your installation process.
During the update, you Smartphone might face issues or might entertain certain bugs that will no way be our responsibility. So you must dare to take the responsibility yourself. Now let’s take a look on the full update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1 Lollipop AOSPA-L Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) for your Sony Xperia ZL Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your SD card in step II. Install the files one after another.
- Wait still the files are flashed on your Sony Xperia ZL Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it! Wait your device to reboot. Once rebooted, your device is ready to taste the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop features on your handset. With the given steps, you shouldn’t face any issues. But in case you face any, forget not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you. Keep visiting TechGipsy for latest Android updates, rooting and news.