The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 Smartphone is ready to get updated with the newest Android 5.1 CyanogenMod 12.1 Custom ROM which intends running the latest Android 5.1 Lollipop features on your Note 3 handset. So if you have not already installed the Custom ROM on your Smartphone & is in search of a HOW TO source, then you are in the right place. Below given are the steps which will lead you to your destination. Absolute credit for this update goes to recognized XDA Dev arter97.
It’s crystal clear that this update is specifically meant for the Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 Smartphone and hence shouldn’t be used in any other device. If you use this Custom ROM in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked, bugged or permanently bricked. So we will not remain responsible for any such inconvenience created to your Smartphone due to the update.
Besides, you have to take care of certain rules before proceeding to the update. First of all, enable the USB Debugging option in your handset. DO that by visiting the Settings>About US section in your Galaxy handset. Also install the Galaxy Note 3 LTE drivers on your handset which will help you to connect your Note to your PC successfully. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. The most important thing is to create a complete Nandroid backup for your Android to keep your data safe. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
NB: Before starting the update, you need to root your Smartphone and install CWM Recovery in it. It’s a must for successful installation of the Custom ROM on your Smartphone.
Steps to flash Android CyanogenMod 12.1 Custom ROM on your Galaxy Note 3 LTE
- First of all download the CyanogenMod 12.1 Custom ROM and latest Gapps file for your Galaxy Note 3 LTE.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and move the Custom ROM and the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD card in step II.
- Now click Install and wait the file to get flashed on your Galaxy device. Follow the same procedure to install the Gapps file to your Galaxy Note.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
- The rebooting takes few minutes before it will collect and wrap all files.
Congrats! You have now successfully flashed the brand new CyanogenMod 12.1 Custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE. Updating your Galaxy Note following the given procedure is quite easy and you shouldn’t face any issue following it. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.