Another Custom ROM just recently goe scored by the XDA Devs. The Sprint LG G3 Smartphone can now test the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom ROM and all credit for this goes to the Senior XDA developer Pump Ac7i0n who has brought this new ROM for the Sprint LG G3 Smartphone users. The file is named after Android 5.1.1-r6 Lollipop XenonHD Custom ROM and is right now ready for the users to start flashing. But how to flash this firmware? Very simple. You will be guided here through the steps. Read those properely before initiating the process.
In my prpevious article on Custom ROM, I had informed you the Steps to flash the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop PAC-ROM LP Beta-2 (d2tmo) Custom ROM on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3. Before starting the update process, you must create a complete nanandroid backup for your Smartphone. But before that your Smartphone must be rooted and should be installed with the latest Recovery image. Among other important recquirements, you must disable all Antivirus programs on your device and PC for this update, else this might create hindrance on your installation process. You shouldn’t forget to atake a complete nandroid backup of your Smartphone and should install the Sprint LG G3 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your handset.
During the update, your Smartphone might face issues or might entertain certain bugs that will no way be our responsibility. So you must dare to take the responsibility yourself. Now let’s take a look on the full update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1-r6 Lollipop XenonHD Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) for your Sprint LG G3 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your SD card in step II. Install the files one after another.
- Wait still the files are flashed on your Sprint LG G3 Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all! Wait your device to reboot. Once rebooted, your device is ready to taste the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop specs on your handset. With the given steps, you shouldn’t face any issues. But in case you face any, forget not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you. Keep visiting TechGipsy for latest Android updates, rooting and news.