In case you have any issues in the Current stock Android Custom ROM of your Motorola Droid Maxx XT1008M Smartphone, make sure that you are on the right place to replace your Current ROM with a new one. Reports convey that of late the XDA Developer JCroffut has revealed about a new Custom ROM namely Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Oct-L (Obake) which is available for the Motorola Droid Maxx XT1008M. Then are you ready to flash this new Custom ROM to your device? Just follow the mentioned steps below to fill your ardent desire.
Before starting the update, you need to fill certain requirements which are quite essential. But what are those? Get a list of the details below.
First of all create a complete back up of your handset to secure your personal data from getting erased. Your handset needs to get rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery image before update. You must install the Google Motorola Droid Maxx XT1008M drivers on your handset to connect it easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, you need to disable any antivirus program if you are running in your device. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop Oct-L (Obake) Custom ROM for your Motorola Droid Maxx handset.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM & Gapps files that you had moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now Install the files one after another on your handset and wait still the firmwares get flashed on your Motorola Droid Maxx .
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s all. Wait till the files are properly flashed. Did the files get flashed? Great!! Now you can test the newest Android Lollipop features in your Motorola Droid Maxx XT1008M Smartphone. In case of any issues, inform me via comment section. I shall find out some solution for you.