In one of my previous articles, I had informed you how to update HTC One M7 to Android 5.1 Lollipop CM 12.1 Nightly (m7vzw) Custom ROM and now I shall guide you through the steps to update your Sprint HTC One Max to the newly introduced Android 5.1.1 Lollipop CyanogeMod 12.1 (t6spr) Custom ROM.
Reportedly, the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop CyanogeMod 12.1 (t6spr) Custom ROM is available for update right now. The Custom ROM has been introduced by Senior XDA member Flyhalf205 and hence credit for this update goes to him. Being this Custom ROM Update, there is possibility of your device getting bricked or cluttered with bug. So make sure that we shall not remain responsible if your device gets bricked or cluttered with bug. It’s all your responsibility.
Besides, your handset needs to get rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery image before the update. Apart, you need to create a complete backup for your handset since your data might vanish post update. You must install the Sprint HTC One Max drivers on your handset to make it connect easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, your handset need to get disabled from any antivirus link if you are using in your device.
Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the 5.1.1 Lollipop CyanogeMod 12.1 (t6spr) Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) for your Sprint HTC One Max Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your SD card in step II. Install the files one after another.
- Wait still the firmware are flashed on your Sprint HTC One Max Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats! Wait your device to reboot. Once rebooted, your Smartphone is ready to taste the latest Android 5.0.2 Lollipop features. With the mentioned steps, you shouldn’t face any issues. But in case you face any, forget not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall find out some solution for you. Keep visiting TechGipsy for latest Android updates, rooting and news.