In one of my previous articles, I had informed you How to flash Android 5.1 Lollipop Unofficial CM12.1 (klte) Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S5 LTE SM-G9F00 and in this article I shall guide you through the steps to update your Asus Epad Transformer to the newly introduced Android 5.1.0 _r1 Lollipop Katkiss ROM.
Reportedly, the Android 5.1.0 _r1 Lollipop Katkiss ROM is now available for update. The Custom ROM has been introduced by Senior XDA member timduru and hence the credit for this update goes to him. But since this is an unofficial ROM, there is possibility of your device getting bricked. Remember, we shall not remain responsible if your device gets bricked or cluttered with bug. It’s all your responsibility.
Besides, your handset needs to get rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery before update. You also need to create a complete backup for your device since your data might vanish during update. You must install the Asus Epad Transformer drivers on your handset to make it connect easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, your handset needed to get disabled from any antivirus if you are using in your device.
Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android _r1 Lollipop Katkiss ROM and Gapps (search from Google) for your HTC Droid Incredible 4G LTE ADR6410 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files one after another that you moved to your SD card in step II. Install the files one after another.
- Wait still the firmwares are flashed on your Asus Epad Transformer.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats! Wait your device to reboot. Once rebooted, your Asus Epad Transformer is ready to taste the latest _r1 Lollipop Katkiss ROM features. With the mentioned steps, you shouldn’t face any issues. But in case you face any, forget not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall find out some solution for you. Keep visiting TechGipsy for latest Android updates, rooting and news.