The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 has started receiving the Android 5.0 Lollipop XXUGBOB6 Firmware in Poland, Portugal, Bulgeria, Italy, Austria, Netherlands and many other corners of the world. Also it is expected to hit the other parts of the world that it has not hit yet. The firmware is an official update and hence is being rolled in installments via OTA. If you have already received the firmware notification on your device then you must download and flash it following the appearing instructions on the screen of your Smartphone. But if you have not yet received the firmware or want not to wait anymore, then this manual update method will help you a lot. Read the steps properly before starting the update.
Remember, this guide is specially meant for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your android device. Remember, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that your device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
NB: The download link given in this article is only meant for Poland. If you want the download link for your region, then ping me back in the comment section.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 should be provided with a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Note 3 LTE SM-N9005 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu>Settings>Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.0 XXUGBOB6.zip file for your Galaxy Note 3 LTE and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Note 3 LTE into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down+Power+Home Buttons simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your device into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy Note 3 LTE to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Lollipop 5.0 XXUGBOB6 folder. Make sure that the re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Note 3 LTE restarts.
Once your Galaxy device restarts successfully, you are all set to test the lollipop features. If your Smartphone struck in bootloop sequence during the update, then you have to hard reset your device and initiate the process again from the beginning. You can also follow this guide to come out of bootloop. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.