Motorola Moto G 2013 Model is one of the popular Smartphones in the global Smartphone market and had before got enriched with the superior Android 4.4.4 KitKat Operating System. But now this Smartphone can further get updated with the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop firmware. While in many parts of the world, the Moto G 2013 model has started receiving the official Android 5.0 Lollipop update, in other corners it has not yet reached the users. These users can adopt the below mentioned manual update method to flash the firmware to their Moto G 2013 model device.
The latest Android 5.0 Lollipop update will manifest your Moto G Smartphone with a number of enhanced features such as, durable battery back up, Smart Lock feature, ART run-time for faster performance, interruptions & priority settings, advanced UI and many other specs that you can experience only after flashing the firmware to your Smartphone. Then what to wait for? Let’s proceed for the update process.
Make sure, this update is exclusively purposed for the Motorola Moto G 2013 model Smartphone and hence must not be used in any other devices. If you use this instillation file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Make sure that we at TechGipsy will not remain responsible for issues created in your handset due to the update. The installation of Android 5.0 Lollipop in your Smartphone is fully your headache.
First of all create a full back up for your Smartphone before starting the update. Then enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your Motorola Moto G handset. Also install the Moto G drivers on your handset to easily connect your Smartphone to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to make the update process smooth and tense freee. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Android 5.0 Lollipop OS to Motorola Moto G 2013 Model
- First of all download the android 5.0 Lollipop .zip file for your Motorola Moto G 2013 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB & then move the .zip file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone and put it into recovery mode. To do that press and hold the Volume Up + Volume Down + Power Button in your Smartphone.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “apply update form SD card” and choose the .zip file from your SD card which you had moved to your Smartphone in step II.
- Now click update and follow the instructions that appear on your screen. It will take sometime to flash the firmware in your Motorola Moto G Smartphone.
- Once the flashing is finished, return to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Now your Smartphone will restart with the brand new Android 5.0 Lollipop OS in your handset. You shouldn’t face any issues in the update process. Still you face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.