The Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Mokee Custom ROM is right now available for the AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 Smartphone. So the AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 users desiring to flash this new Custom ROM on their handsets can follow the below given steps. The Lollipop Mokee Custom ROM is based on the Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and is supposed to add few changes to the Changlog list of your device. You can make a detailed list of the changes made to your device post the ROM update. The Custom ROM has been introduced by Senior XDA Developer Forum Member Bass-Face and hence credit for this update goes to him.
Now question arises, how to flash the Custom ROM on your handset? It’s quite simple and takes little time. But for that you need to meet certain requirements. Before starting the update, you need to read and understand the steps properly, else it might create bugs in your device, even might brick it. We at TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of inconvenience caused to your device due to the update. It’s all your risk. Now let’s take a look on the requirements dubbed essential for the update.
First of all create a Nandroid back up for your AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 before starting the update. Then enable the USB Debugging option in your handset. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your AT&T Motorola Artix 4G MB860. Also install the AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Maintain at least 75% power back up in your Android device to avoid accidental shut down during the update. Your handset needs to get rooted and flashed with the latest Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) as the ROM will seek access to built-in features and programs and being the file in .zip format will require Recovery Image to get flashed.
Steps to flash Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Custom ROM on AT&T Motorola Artix 4G MB860
- First of all download the Lollipop Mokee Custom ROM & Gapps file for AT&T Motorola Artix 4G MB860
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB & then move the .zip file to the SD card of your device.
- After unplug the USB, switch off your Smartphone and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install zip from SD card” and choose the Lollipop Mokee file from your SD card which you had moved to your Smartphone in step II.
- Now click update and follow the instructions that appear on your screen. It will take sometime to flash the firmware on your Smartphone.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, return to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s it! Your AT&T Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 Smartphone is now ready to taste the latest Lollipop Custom ROM features. So what to wait for? Start your experiment now. In case of any issues, inform me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.