Before in some of my articles, I have already informed you the steps to flash the latest Android 5.0 firmware in your Smartphone devices,but only for those which have started relieving the said update. Just a couple of days ago, I had informed you the steps to Flash Android 5.0 Lollipop LXE22.39-6 to Motorola Moto X Pure edition XT1095. While I got a huge response for this article, here again I got a new update that’s specifically meant for the Google Nexus 7 WiFi tablet of 2013 model. The update comes in form of a factory image and hence users while installing the same to their device must take care of certain things.
Little mistake in the flashing process might delete the complete database from your device or might create bugs or brick your tablet. So at first create a complete back up for your Nexus tablet and before proceeding for the update read and understand the steps properly. [highlight]This update method is for advanced Android users and hence we at TechGipsy shall not take any responsibility if your device suffers from any kind of reasons including bug, brick and data loss[/highlight]. get confirmed that Be of sound mind for installing the factory image in your handset.
Remember, post update your device will lose the root access, if its already rooted. Apart, double check the name and model number of your device as this update is exclusively for the 2013 Nexus WiFi tablet. If you use this instillation files in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bricked. Also enable the USB Debugging option in your handset before the update. To do that visit Settings>About Us section in your Nexus Tablet. Also install the 2013 Nexus 7 Wi-Fi drivers on your handset which will help you to connect your tablet successfully to your PC. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 5.0.1 Lollipop factory image.tgz file from here and extract it to the desktop of your pc. Then move the extracted folder to the platform-tools folder in the SD card of your Nexus Tablet.
- Now switch off your device and put it into bootloader mode by press and holding the Volume Down+Power button simultaneously.
- Then connect your 2013 Nexus 7 Wi-Fi to your PC via USB and open a CMD window in you computer. To do that go to the platform-tools folder where you had placed the extracted factory image file, open it, press and hold the shift key and right click at an open space inside the folder. Select the open command Prompt Window here option.
- Enter the command “adb devices” in the command space to check if the device has been properly connected to your PC. Post entering the command, you must get a line of random characters. If not got, then you have not installed the Google drivers. Install those on your PC first.
- Once you confirm the proper association of your Nexus device to your PC, launch the ‘flash-all.bat‘ script and confirm installation process.
That’s it! The process will take around 15 minutes. Once the installation finishes, your device will reboot automatically. Once your device reboots, you can see the ndroid 5.0.1 welcome screen on your device. Now disconnect USB from your device. You shouldn’t face any issues in the flashing the factory image. Still if you faced, forget not to mention your concern below in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solutions for you.