Samsung, the leading South Korean mobile and Smartphone manufacturer just rolled a official KitKat 4.4.4 firmware with the build name A500MUBU1ANK1 for its Galaxy SM-A500M Smartphone users in Brazil. So if you are a user of the same device and living in Brazil, then you can update your Smartphone with the said firmware. Soon you will get the update notification (being this an OTA update) on your smartphone device. Then you can download the software, launch it on your device and can follow the instructions that appear on your screen to update the new firmware. You also can manually check the availability of the firmware by visiting Settings>About Device>Software Update.
But if you are not patient enough to wait still the OTA hits your device, then you can follow the manual update method. If you are a newbie, then you must properly read and understand the below given step-by-step guide for the manual update first. Then only you should proceed for the update. Remember, we at Techgipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage of your Smartphone device, if it experiences any during the update process. So don’t proceed if you know not what you do.
You are recommended to use WiFi while downloading the update. Else it will use much of your mobile data. Besides, double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy SM-A500M device and implementing the procedure in other devices might brick your device hard. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements.
- All important data and files of your Samsung Galaxy SM-A500M should be provided with a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Samsung Galaxy SM-A500M drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 70% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Samsung Galaxy SM-A500M
- First of all download the Android 4.4.4 UBU1ANK1.zip file for your Galaxy SM-A500M Smartphone and extract it on the desktop of your PC. Then download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy SM-A500M into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Smartphone into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy SM-A500M to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted KitKat 4.4.4 UBU1ANK1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy SM-A500M Smartphone restarts.
That’s all! Now you have successfully updated your Galaxy SM-A500M to the Android 4.4.2 UBU1ANK1 firmware. Go ahead and experience the KitKat fun in your Galaxy SM-A500M device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.