As per latest reports, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C Smartphone has started receiving the latest Android 4.4.4 XXU1ANK5 firmware in Brazil. The device is itself a giant in specifications that support a 5.7″ Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution, is powered by a powerful Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & Quad-core 1.9 GHz Cortex-A57 processor, supports 3GB RAM, 32Gb in-built memory, 128GB expandable memory, 16MP primary camera with LED flash, auto-focus and optical zoom, wireless LAN,GPS, Bluetooth, superb user interface like ANT+ support, S-Voice, Air gestures, Dropbox (50 GB cloud storage), Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic, & Photo/video editor, a 3220 mAh battery and many more.
If you are an user of that said device and want to update your Smartphone with the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU1ANK5 firmware (codenamed ZTA), then I am here with this step-by-step guide for you. Just follow the steps given in this article and you will easily update your device with the latest firmware. But before that you need to take care of certain requirements, so that your update will not be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device. Remember, the update is exclusively meant for the Brazil based Galaxy Note 4 users. So don’t confuse it with other devices.
Double check the Name and model of your device before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy Note SM-N910C and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard/soft brick your device. Anyways, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss that the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Note 4 should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Note 4 drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.4 XXU1ANK5.zip file for your Galaxy Note 4 and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Note 4 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Galaxy Note 4 into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy Note 4 to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.4.2 extracted XXU1ANK5 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Note 4 restarts.
And congrats! You are now done with the updating your Galaxy Note 4 SM-N910C Smartphone with the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat update. Go ahead and experience the KitKat goodies in your Galaxy device. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall definitely come out with a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.