In one my previous article, I informed you the Steps to Flash Galaxy S3 Neo+ GT-I9301I Handset to latest Android 4.4.2 XCUANJ6 Firmware. This article deals with the step-by-step guide to manually flash the latest Andnroid 4.4.2 firmware VRUANK1 Firmware in Verizon Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE SM-P905V. The update is only available for the users of USA babsed Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE users and it’s being rooled in segements to the uesrs. if you have already recieved teh firmare, then I suggest you to follow the OTA update. If not, then this manual update will help you for your activity.
But for that you need to follow the below mentioned steps accurately. In this article, I have brought you those steps as a guide and you can follow that for updating your device. But before starting the update, make sure that you have little idea about the update and you have followed the given steps properly. Remember, the update is your own responsibility and we at TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any damage or issues that might occur to your ahndset during the update. Now let’s take a look on the below given steps to start the update.
- All important data and files of your Verizon Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE SM-P905V should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the NotePRO 12.2 LTE SM-P905V drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your device battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 VRUANK1.zip file and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Then download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume up Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Verizon Galaxy NotePRO into download mode.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect the Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, press “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file 4.4.2 extracted VRUANK1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unticked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy NotePRO 12.2 LTE SM-P905V restarts.
Congratulations! You are all done now. If your Galaxy Note restarts properly, then you have successfully flashed your Smartphone to the new firmware. If not, then follow the instructions again and install the firmware properly. Once your device restarts accurately, know that you are all done. In case of any issues, ping me back via comment section.