The Samsung Galaxy Tab4 7.0 Wi-Fi SM-T230NU is now receiving the official Android 4.4.2 UEU0AOC1 firmware in Canada and Cellular south. The device is quite enriched in features that include a 7.0″ TFT touchscreen display with 800×1280 pixels resolution, is powered by a Quad-core 1.2 GHz processor, packs 1.5GB RAM, 8/16GB built-in memory, 32GB expandable memory, a 3.15MP primary camera with geo-tagging, WLAN, Bluetooth & Infrared, a Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery and many more. If you are a user of this handset and want to update your Galaxy Tab with the latest Android Kitakat firmware, then I am here with this step-by-step guide for you. Just follow the steps given in this article and you can easily update your Tab with the latest firmware.
Before that you need to fill certain conditions so that the update will not be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device. Remember, this update is only for the users residing in the said regions and for the said device. If you reside in other corners of the globe and want to update your Galaxy Tab4 7.0 Wi-Fi with the latest Android 4.4.2 UEU0AOC1 Firmware, then let me know the name of your country in the comment section and I shall provide you the correct link for the update.
Double check the Name and model of your Galaxy Tab before initiating the update since this guide is meant for only the Samsung Galaxy Tab4 7.0 Wi-Fi SM-T230NU and implementing the procedure in other devices might hard brick your device. Remember TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of damage or data loss the device might undergo during the installation process. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy Tab4 7.0 Wi-Fi SM-T230NU should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update might erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy Tab4 7.0 Wi-Fi SM-T230NU drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 4.4.2 UEU0AOC1.zip file for your Galaxy Tab4 7.0 Wi-Fi SM-T230NU and extract it on the desktop of your Computer. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Galaxy Tab4 7.0 Wi-Fi into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Power Button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Then connect the Galaxy Tab4 7.0 Wi-Fi to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful. If that doesn’t happen, then you have not updated the kies.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.4.2 UEU0AOC1 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy Tab4 7.0 Wi-Fi SM-T230NU restarts.
And voila! You have now fruitfully flashed the latest KitKatt firmware in your Samsung Galaxy Tab4 7.0 Wi-Fi SM-T230NU. Go ahead and experience the brand new features in your Galaxy device. In case face any problem, inform me in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.