The Belgium (Proximus) & Ukraine (Kyivstar) based Samsung Galaxy S4 VE GT-I9515 Smartphone users would be quite excited to know that just of late one new firmware landed in their horizon to update their Smartphones further. The update has stepped in with the build names XXUCNI3 & XXU1ANJ2 respepctively. The firmware will enhance flexibility of your Smartphone devices and will fix the existing bugs in the current firmware build. The update is available in both OTA and manual update methods. Users residing in the mentioned countries are recommended to update their Smartphones via OTA since the update will hit their Smartphones soon. But if they are too late to receive the update, they can proceed with the manual update method.
But before that they need to read and understand the whole procedure properly since it’s essential and they must stand to the requirements as those are badly needed for the update. Here is a list of the requirements. Just have a look on those and do as directed. [highlight]Also make sure that we at TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of issues created in your device during the update, since it’s your decision to update your device[/highlight]. Properly check the name and model of your Galaxy device before initiating the procedure.
- All important data and files of your Galaxy S4 Active GT-I9295 smartphone should be provided with a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy S4 Active drivers since the drivers will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update
- At First download Android 4.4.2 .zip file (Belgium & Ukrain) for your Galaxy S4 Active handset and extract it to the desktop of your Computer. After download Odin v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Smartphone into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up button again after a warning message appear on your screen, to put your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active device into download mode.
- Then connect the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active to the PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted 4.4.2 folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Smartphone restarts.
Congratulations!! Now you have successfully update your Samsung Galaxy S4 Active GT-I9295 Smartphone to the latest Android KitKat 4.4.2 official firmware. Now it’s time to enjoy the new features with the brand new firmware. Forget not to share your new experience with us. In case of any issues, you can get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you. Happy browsing!!