Samsung lately launched a new Android 4.2.2 KitKat Firmware namely Android 4.4.2 ZMUANI1 for the Samsung Galaxy BEAM2 (SM-G3858) users who live in China. The firmware has been rolled with the build name G3858ZMUANI1 for the Chinay users and is assumed to hit the other countries soon. If you are a user of the above mentioned Smartphone and want to further upgrade your device to this latest firmware, then this article will fully assist you for this.
The update has stepped in with the product codes CHM and will enhance the flexibility of your device and at the same time will fix the existing bugs in the current firmware build. The update is available in both OTA, Kies and manual methods. Users are primarily recommended to update their Galaxy BEAM2 (SM-G3858) devices via OTA since the update will hit their Android devices. But if they are impatient to wait still the update hits their Galaxy Smartphone, then they can upgrade it following the below given manual update method.
But before that they need to read and understand the whole procedure properly. Also they must fulfill the pre-requirements which are essential for the update. Here is a list of the requirements. Just have a look on those and do as directed. Also make sure that we at TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of issues created in your device during the update, since it’s your decision to update your android device. . Properly check the name and model of your Galaxy BEAM2 (SM-G3858) Smartphone before initiating the procedure as the guide has exclusively been prepared for the said device.
Pre-requisites for the Update
- All important data and files of your BEAM2 (SM-G3858) Smartphone should be provided a good back-up before this update since the update will erase all your important data.
- A computer and original USB cable should be kept ready for use.
- Your PC must be pre-loaded with the Galaxy BEAM2 Smartphone drivers since the drivers will help you connect your device to your PC. If not installed, then at first download the drivers from the official site of Samsung and install those to your PC.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps Menu > Settings > Applications.
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options. Don’t forget to disable the USB Debugging option post update.
- Disable or uninstall all antivirus program running on both your PC and Galaxy BEAM2 before starting the update.
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% power back up before starting the update.
Steps to Update Galaxy Star GT-S5280 Smartphone
- Firstly download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat ZMUANI1.zip file for your Samsung Galaxy BEAM2 (SM-G3858) Smartphone and extract it to the desktop of your PC. Now download Odin_v3.09.zip.
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy BEAM2 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down button, Power Button and Home Button simultaneously. Thereafter press the Volume Up Button again after a warning message appears on your screen, to proceed to the next step.
- Then connect the Galaxy BEAM2 to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin & choose the “.tar.md5″ file from the extracted Android 4.4.2.zip folder. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin and press the “Start” button. The update process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Samsung Galaxy BEAM2 (SM-G3858) restarts. Unplug the USB while your Smartphone restarts.
That’s it!! Now you have successfully updates your Samsung Galaxy BEAM2 (SM-G3858) Smartphone to the latest Android 4.4.2 ZMUANI1 firmware. Go ahead and experience the superior KitKat fun. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section. I shall revert with some solution for you. For further tech news, android updates and rooting, keep visiting TechGipsy.