Are you a Samsung Nexus 10 GT-P8110 tab user? Then I have a fabulous news for you. Recent reports convey that the Devs at Cyanogen have introduced a brand new CM 13 Custom ROM with Android 6.0 Marshmallow build to pave the way of Samsung Nexus 10 users for enjoying the newest Android 6.0 Marshmallow features on their Nexus tabs. But you might think how! No worries as I have a step-by-step guide just for you here. Updating your Galaxy Tab following this article is quite easy and takes few minutes only. Just follow the below given steps and make your work done. But before that you need to take care of certain requirements, so that your update will not be a failure, nor you will brick or lose any important data from your device.
Double check the Name and model of your Android device before initiating the update since this guide is meant only for the Samsung Nexus 10 GT-P8110 tab users & hence you shouldn’t use it in any other devices. Apart, you will also lose the warranty of your Galaxy Tab because of the update. Your device might brick, get bugged or create unfamiliar issues for you for which we at TechGipsy will not remain responsible. So proceed only if you understand what you do.
Before initiating the update process you must root your Samsung Nexus 10 and install the latest Custom Recovery (CWM or TWRP) on it. Remember, this update is exclusively meant for the Samsung Nexus 10. If you use this Custom ROM file in any other device, then there are chances of your device getting bugged or bricked. Also enable the USB Debugging option in your Android device before starting the update. Install the Samsung Nexus 10 drivers on your PC which will help you to connect your Nexus Tab successfully to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shutdown of your device during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 ROM and Gapps for your Samsung Nexus 10 Smartphone.
- Then connect your Samsung Nexus 10 to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your Nexus Tab.
- Then choose “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM file which you moved to your Sd card in step II. Now click install.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset.
- Wait still both the files get flashed on your Samsung Nexus 10 tab.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Congrats! Now you have successfully installed the CM 13 Custom ROM on your Samsung Nexus 10 tab. This Custom ROM will help you enjoy the latest Marshmallow features on your handset. If any issues created during the update, then feel free to get back to me via comment section. I shall try to find out a solution to your issues.