Today I have a special news for the Mi 3 and Mi4 (Canro) users. If they are interested to upgrade their Smartphones to the most popular Android version in the Android world i.e. the Android 6.0 Marshmallow, then this article is especially for them. They might wonder how come its it possible to update their devices to the Android M when there is no official update! But we have a way left for them. Guess what! The Marshmallow Custom ROM. Cyanogen has started rolling the new Android 6.0 Marshmallow CM13 Custom ROM for the Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi4 (Canro) Smartphones and as usual, this ROM can do wonders for your device if properly installed.
But if you are not that much a tech savvy, then there is scarce chance that you can update your device to the Custom ROM easily. But we are there to help you out. We have a free step-by-step guide following which you can easily flash this Custom ROM file on your Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi4 (Canro) within a few minutes. But before that you must know that it is a nightly ROM and hence you might face certain issues in your device during the update, for which we at TechGipsy will never stand responsible. It’s should be your own grudge to take the risk yourself. But yes, we shall definitely help you to come out of any issue you face during the update.
Primarily, your handset needs to get rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery image (CWM/TWRP) before starting the update. You need to create a complete backup for your Mobile data as those might vanish during the update. You must disable any antivirus program if you are running on both your Smartphone and PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash Android CM13 Custom ROM on Xiaomi Mi3 and Mi4
- First of all download the CM13 Nightly ROM & Gapps for your Xiaomi Mi3 and Mi4.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB and move both the Custom ROM and the Gapps file to the internal storage of your device.
- After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your handset.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the Custom ROM that you moved to your SD card in step II. Click Install to initiate the update process.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your Xiaomi Mi3 and Mi4.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”. Now your Smartphone reboot automatically.
Congrats! Finally you have updated your Xiaomi Mi3 or Xiaomi Mi4 handset to the newly launched Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware. Any issues confronted during the update, definitely ping me back in the comment section. I will help you to overcome.