LG V20 is the latest flagship smartphone of LG and comes with impressive features and specs. Do you have a LG V20 Smartphone device with you? Have you already unlocked it’s bootloader or yet waiting for some tips for the same? Unlocking the bootloader of your device allows you to install custom ROMs, mods, root and do many other things on your device. So here, in this post we bring you the complete guide to unlock the bootloader on your on LG V20.
Unlocking the Bootloader on your LG V20 might cause the warranty loss of your Smartphone. So ensure that we will not take responsibility for the any sort of loo-fall that your device might undergo during the unlocking process. So properly go through each & every step of the tutorial well before starting the process. The tutorial is exclusively for the LG V20 Smartphone and hence you must not use it with other devices that might end with serious concerns.
- One LG V20 Smartphone
- Original USB-Type C cable
- A computer installed Android SDK Toolkit
- Back up of all important data
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode and OEM unlocking. You will find the option in the Developer Section in Settings.
- At least 60% to 70% battery left in your LG V20 Smartphone to avoid any untoward situation during unlock bootloader process.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on LG V20
Before performing the steps, keep in mind that you can use this step by step guide only if your LG V20‘s model names US996, if not try not to mess things up.
- Go to thispage and register an account on the LG Developer webpage (or login your account if you already have)
- Now, go to thispage and complete the form.
- When you are in the device info page, enter the IMEI number (dial *#06#) and the device ID.
To get the device ID of your V20:
- Reboot your LG V20 into fastboot mode by powering off your device and pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power keys until the Fastboot mode displays
- Connect your phone with your computer, open Android SDK folder. From here, open a command prompt window from any blank space and enter “fastboot oem device-id”. You will get two rows of characters; for getting the ID combine the two rows.
- After complete all the required info, you will receive a bin file sent to your email.
- Download the unlock file and place it in the Android SDK folder.
- Enter your LG V20 into bootloader mode once more and connect your smartphone with your PC with the help of the USB cable. Open a cmd window again by pressing and holding the Shift key while right clicking on any blank space.
- Type in cmd: “fastboot flash unlock unlock.bin” to flash the unlock.bin file.
- Verify if the unlock process has been successfully completed by entering: “fastboot getvar unlocked”.
- If it displays “unlocked: YES” message, enter “fastboot reboot” to reboot the device. Unplug the USB cable and enjoy.
Also read: How to remove Bloatware from Samsung Galaxy S7
Congratualtions! The Bootloader on your LG V20 has been unlocked now. If you face any issues during the unlocking process, then don’t forget to get back to us via the comment section.