Dear readers, today I shall guide you through the steps using which you can root your Metro PCS Galaxy J7 SM-J700T1 Smartphone. As you know the Metro PCS Galaxy J7 is a high-end device with many superior features that might make you wonder, “Why to root the device!” But actually matter is somehow different. Post rooting, your Metro PCS Galaxy J7 SM-J700T1 Smartphone becomes eligible for multitasking, the which task you can never materialize with the stock Android OS. Benefits of rooting is a lot, but to name a few, you can remove bloatware, flash custom ROMs, install custom recovery images, install custom kernels and many other custom apps which you can never do in the stock Android OS.
Apart, flexibility of your Metro PCS Galaxy J7 will be enhanced to the next level after rooting your Smartphone. Not only your device will be unlocked, but will speed up and the existing bugs and lags on your Smarthone will be fixed. Also you can customize your Metro PCS Galaxy J7 as per your requirement along with a new Samsung UI, can speed up your web browsing experience and fix the other existing issues in your device. But now question arises how to safely root the Smartphone because you can get all these facilities only after rooting your device properly. Else your handset might be in danger.
Before initiating the rooting process, I must tell you that rooting your Metro PCS Galaxy J7 will void its warranty and the rooting files are been developed by XDA Developer . Remember, the XDA Devs have nothing to do with Google or Samsung. So the rooting is solely your own risk. We at TechGipsy will never remain responsible for any sort of issues if created in your Smartphone during the rooting process. So make sure that you read and understand the procedure well before starting the procedure.
- One Metro PCS Galaxy J7 SM-J700T1 Smartphone
- One PC pre-installed with the latest Metro PCS Galaxy J7 SM-J700T1 drivers as the drivers will connect your Smartphone to your PC.
- Original USB cable.
- Backup of all your device data such as MMS, SMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files expected to get lost during the rooting process.
- At least 70% power back up to avoid unexpected device shut down.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging. Remember to untick the Debugging box when you are done with the rooting procedure.
- Uninstall the antivirus app in your smartphone & Disable the antivirus program in your PC.
Steps to Root
- At first download the J700F Auto Root MPSC Stock Recovery.zip file for the Metro PCS Galaxy J7 SM-J700T1 Smartphone and place it on the desktop of your PC. Extract the root file.
- Then Put your Metro PCS Galaxy J7 SM-J700T1 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing its Volume Down+Power+Home Buttons. Then press the Volume Up Button after a warning message appears on your screen, to put your Smartphone into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB cable.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device to your PC is successful.
- Now launch Odin on your PC, click on “AP/ADB” in Odin and choose the Auto Root.tar file from the desktop.
- Next select the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin screen and press the “Start” button. The rooting process will take around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Metro PCS Galaxy J7 SM-J700T1 Smartphone reboots.
- Then again you have to put your Metro PCS Galaxy J7 SM-J700T1 into Download mode by following the same steps and then you have to choose “AP/ADB” again and change the “Stock Recovery” file.
- Now click the “Start” the button in Odin to install the Stock Recovery on Metro PCS Galaxy J7 SM-J700T1.
And that’s all! Now you have finally rooted your Metro PCS Galaxy J7 SM-J700T1. But if in case your Smartphone struck in the bootloop sequence, follow this article to come out of the situation. During the process, Odin might stop functioning. In such cases, close the program, unplug the device and force restart your Smartphone. After install the root file again following the steps from the beginning. In case of any issues in the update process, feel free to get back to me via the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.