Dear all Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 users! You want to root to do more with your device, then I have a very simple method for you. That is the SuperSU root package. With the SuperSU, you can easily root your Galaxy Tab A 9.7 just in a few minutes. Rooting of your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 will remove the factory restrictions and unlock your device, so that you can customize your device to what you need. But before performing the rooting process, you need to install the latest custom recovery image like CWM or TWRP recovery on your Galaxy Tab A 9.7. The custom recovery image is required as this is an unofficial procedure and to root your device using the third party app (here is the SuperSU).
Before starting, you need to read and understand the given steps carefully below as being an unofficial firmware, rooting your Galaxy Tab A 9.7 will remove KNOX and lose the warranty of your device and might end up with any unpleasant situation like brick or bug for which we will not take any responsibility. So proceed only if you are ready to take the responsibility yourself.
NB: Remember, this tutorial is meant for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 tablet with the model numbers T550, T555, P550 and P555.
- A Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
- One PC pre-installed with Samsung USB drivers so that your device can connect to your computer.
- An original USB cable
- At least 50% battery left to avoid unwanted device shut down.
- Turn on the USB Debugging option in your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7.
- Disable any antivirus program running on both your device and your computer.
Also see: Few easy steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S5 (All Models)
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7
- At first, download the SuperSU package from this page for your Galaxy Tab A 9.7 & save it on your desktop. Do not unzip the root package.
- Next, connect your device to your PC via USB & transfer the root package to your tablet.
- Disconnect your device from your PC and power off your Tab A 9.7 and then put it into recovery mode by pressing and holding the Power, Volume Up and Home buttons at the same time for a few seconds. Then, press the Volume Down to boot in the recovery after a warning screen appears.
- In Recovery mode, select “Install” and choose the SuperSU root package that you transferred to your Tab A 9.7.
- Select or swipe to start and the installation process will resume instantly. Then your Galaxy Tab A 9.7 will be rooted automatically.
- Once finished, go back to the Recovery mode menu and reboot your device from there.
That’s all! Now your Samsung has been successfully rooted with the SuperSU root kernel. In case of facing any issues, feel free to ping me back in comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.