Dear readers, today I shall guide you through the steps using which you can root your Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone (all models). As you know, the Samsung Galaxy S5 has ever been a high-end device with many superior features and received many third party supports and the root access was one of tweaking procedures made available for this device. However, the old root solutions have not been compatible any more when updating to the newer Android firmware (such as the latest Android Marshmallow). If you have updated your Galaxy S5, and you can’t gain root access for the new Android version to flash custom ROMs, install custom recovery images, install custom kernels and more.., I’m here to help you. Once rooted, not only can you do these above things, but your android device will also be enhanced to the next level post rooting of your Galaxy S5. Your device will be speed up and the existing bugs and lags you can fix easily fixed. Also you can customize the phone as per your requirement along with the new Samsung UI, can speed up your web browsing experience and fix the other existing issues in your device. But now question arises how to safely root the phone because all these facilities will be bestowed upon you only you root your device properly. Else your handset might be put into danger.
Before initiating the process, I must tell you that the rooting is solely your own risk. We at TechGipsy will never take resposible for any sort of issues created in your Smartphone during the rooting process. So make sure that you read and understand the procedure well before starting the procedure.
- One Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone (any model)
- One PC pre-installed with latest Samsung USB driver as it will help you connect your Smartphone to your PC.
- A USB cable.
- Back up all data of your device data to avoid getting lost during the rooting process.
- At least 70% power back up to avoid unexpected device shut down.
- Enable USB Debugging on your device by going to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Disable the antivirus program in your PC in case it blocks Odin software
Steps to Root
- At first download the root file for the Samsung Galaxy S5 ( select your right model). After that download Odin 3.10 zip file and then extract it
- Then Put your Samsung Galaxy S5 into download mode by first turning off the phone and then pressing the Volume Down+Power+Home Buttons simultaneously. Then press the Volume Up Button after you see a warning message appearing on your screen, to put your handset into download mode.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC using the USB cable and launch Odin.
- The button-left corner of Odin will display a message after the connection of the Galaxy device with your PC is successful.
- Now click on “AP/PDA” button in Odin and select the “.tar.md5″ file (root file) you just downloaded. Make sure that re-partition option is unchecked.
- Next, choose the “Auto-reboot” option in Odin screen and press the “Start” button. The rooting process will last around 4-5 minutes. Wait still your Galaxy S5 reboots.
Also read: Use SuperSU to root Samsung Galaxy A9
And you are done! Now you have finally rooted your Samsung Galaxy S5. But if in case your Smartphone struck in the bootloop sequence, follow this article to come out of that. During the root process, Odin can stop responding. In such cases, close the program, unplug the device and force restart your Smartphone then install the root file again from the beginning. In case of any issues, ping me back via the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.