OnePlus just released a new Android 7.1.1 HydrogenOS software update for its OnePlus 3T flagship smartphone. The update addresses all the existed issues on Android 7.0 Nougat and adds a plus of security for the stock Android OS. Although the OTA file is already available, if your phone has not yet received the OTA package update due to certain reasons, simply follow the given steps to learn how to update manually your OnePlus 3T to Android 7.1.1. This is compatible with all the OnePlus 3T smartphone, so it will not cause the warranty loss, bugs, or get bricked for your device. Let’s see how to update!
But before installing Android 7.1.1 HydrogenOS update, you need to meet some certain requirements:
- Your smartphone needs to be rooted and installed with a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM recovery.
- Remember to create a nandroid backup of your important data to avoid unexpected issues during flashing update firmware.
- A computer pre-installs the OnePlus 3T USB driver for the easier connection
- Keep your device battery at least 60% battery left to ensure nothing wrong happens during the update process
- Enable the Developer Option on your handset by tapping 7 times repeatedly on Built Number from Settings > About Phone, then back to enable USB Debugging.
Steps to Update
- First of all, download Android 7.1.1 HydrogenOS from here and then the Gapps file for your OnePlus 3T.
- Next, plug your Smartphone to your PC using a USB cable & transfer all downloaded files to the internal storage of your handset.
- Then switch off your OnePlus 3T, detach the USB cable and boot it into Recovery mode by press-holding the Power and the Volume Down buttons for a few seconds to enter the custom recovery mode.
- Here, clear cache from your device by selecting the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then “Wipe Cache Partition”.
- Now install the downloaded files on your OnePlus 3T. To start installation, tap on the “Install zip from SD card” and select the HydrogenOS file that you moved in.
- Swipe to start the installation process and wait until it’s done.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps files on your OnePlus 3T Smartphone.
- Once the installation is successful, return to the Custom Recovery menu, and press “reboot system now”.
Also read: Update Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow for OnePlus 2 with OxygenOS 3.5.5
That’s all you need to do. Your OnePlus 3T now runs the Android 7.1.1 HydrogenOS firmware. Enjoy and remember to share your experience with us by using the comments below.