Almost all Android Smartphones are getting updated with the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware this moment. while some of the devices get the oppertunity to get the direct official update, some other follow the Custom ROM update method. All credit goes to teh XDA developers Devs who develop these Custom ROMs for us and hence we become able to get the Lollipop experience in our handsets. In the array of Smartphones hettiing updated with the latest Android 5.0 Custom ROMs, one more name has been added recently and i.e. Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082/I9082L Smartphone. So if you are a user of the same ahndset and want to flash this new Custom firmware to your device, then follow the below given steps without any hestation.
The new Lollipop frmware for the Galaxy Grand I9082/I9082L is an unofficial release of CM12 and hence carries of course a Custom version of Srock Android Lollipop ROM and not an official firmware. That’s why the firmwre is neither available via Kies nor OTA, but only can be installed manually in your device. But before starting the update you need to read and understand the steps properely, else it might create risk or bugs for your device. Remember, TechGipsy will not remain responsible for any sort of incovinience caused to your device during the update. It’s all your risk.
NB: Being this an Unofficial Custom ROM, your Sasmsung Galaxy handset needs to be rooted and flashed with a Custom Recovery image (TWRP or CWM) as the ROM will seek access to built-in features and programs and being the file in .zip format will recquire Recovery Image to get installed.
Now let’s take a look on the below given step-by-step processes to flash the new Android 5.0 Lollipop Custom ROM to your Smasung Galaxy Grand device.
First of all create a Nandroid back up for your Galaxy Grand Smartphone before starting the update. Then enable the USB Debugging option in your handset. To do that visit Settings>About US section in your Galaxy Grand handset. Also install the Galaxy Grand drivers on your handset to easily connect your Smartphone to your PC. Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid inconvinienc in the update. Now it’s time to flash the firmware on your handset. Let’s see how it happens.
Steps to flash CM12 Android 5.0.2 Lollipop Custom ROM to Samsung Galaxy Grand
- First of all download the android 5.0 Lollipop .zip file & Gapps for your Galaxy Grand Smartphone.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB & then move the .zip file to the SD card of your device. After unplug the USB, switch off your Smartphone and put it into recovery mode. To do that press and hold the Volume Up + Home + Power Button in your Smartphone.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install zip from SD card” and choose the .zip file from your SD card which you had moved to your Smartphone in step II.
- Now click update and follow the instructions that appear on your screen. It will take sometime to flash the firmware in your Smartphone.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps on your handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, return to the Main Menu and select “reboot system now”.
Now your Smartphone will restart with the brand new Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. You shouldn’t face any issues in the update process. Still face any issues, hesitate not to ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.