Cyanogen has launched the CM 12.1 Android 5.1.1 Stable ROM for the HTC One M7 Smartphone. Because this is a stable ROM, so it will bless your device with advanced new features and at the same time will help you get superior Mobile experience. If you have not already enjoyed the Lollipop features in your handset still now or is a fan of new Custom ROMs, then you can move a step ahead flashing this new Custom ROM on your HTC One M7 handset.
The CM 12.1 Stable ROM is based on the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop AOSP builds and hence is claimed to provide stable performance. But before you initiate the Custom ROM update, make sure to follow the guidelines mentioned below. These pre-requirements are much required for an error free and successful firmware implementation. But before starting the update remember that we at TechGipsy will not stand responsible if anything inconvenient happens to your Smartphone because of the update.
Among the pre-requirements, your handset needs to get rooted and installed with the latest Custom Recovery image before update. Also you should create a complete backup for your handset (A Nandroid Backup) since your Mobile data might vanish during installation. You must install the HTC One M7 drivers on your handset to make it connect easily to your PC. You should also enable the USB debugging option before the update and after disable it. Among other important needs, your handset needs to get disabled from any antivirus link if you are using in your device.
Maintain at least 75% power back up to avoid unexpected shut down during the update. Now let’s take a look on the update process.
Steps to flash 5.1.1 Lollipop CM 12.1 Stable ROM on HTC One M7
- First of all download the 5.1.1 Lollipop CM 12.1 Custom ROM and Gapps (search from Google) file for your HTC One M7.
- Then connect your HTC One M7 to your PC via USB and then move the Custom ROM & the Gapps files to the SD card of your device. After switch off your Smartphone, unplug the USB and put it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Then choose the option “Install .zip from SD Card” and choose the files that you moved to your SD card in step II one after another.
- Now Install the files one after another r & wait still both the files get flashed in your HTC One M7 handset.
- Once the flashing is finished, go back to the Main Menu and tap “reboot system now”.
Congrats! Now you have fruitfully flashed the unofficial Android 5.1 Lollipop CM 12.1 stable ROM on your HTC One M7 Smartphone. In case of any issues, ping me in the comment section. I shall try to find out some solution for you.